Parent Right to Know Letter
As a parent of a student at Team Success, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child.
Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers, and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it.
Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether any teacher aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications
- Parents also have the right to know their child’s achievement level on the state assessments.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please call Principal Amiee Fleming at 941-714-7260.